Metal Testing Services
Chemical analysis of steel, iron, copper, aluminium, tin, lead, zinc and magnesium based alloys using:-
- Optical Emission Spectrometry (OES)
The method of choice for direct analysis solid flat metallic samples.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Emission Spectrometry (ICPOES)
This method is used for the multi-element analysis of small samples not amenable to OES analysis.
- Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry (FAAS).
Fast accurate analysis when a small number of samples are to be analysed for a small number of elements. Especially useful for matrices not covered by OES analysis.
- Zinc coating mass determination of galvanized steel products.
Tests conducted in accordance with AS 2331:2001
De-zincification resistance testing of brass components such as plumbing fittings.
- Food contamination identification. We have a variety of techniques available including SEM-EDS to identify food contaminants.
- In-coming raw material analysis. You need not guess your incoming raw material and products meet your specified requirements. We can analyse it so you know the products you buy are fit for purpose.
- Industrial Chemistry Consultancy
- Mechanical Testing
- Hardness Testing – Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers and microhardness testing.
- IANZ Accredited test reports for many classes of testing.
- Informative research of your problems to offer you a solution.
- Metallurgical Examination